Saturday, January 22, 2011

EXTREME MAKEOVER: "LIFE" EDITION - part 1:

Your age doesn’t matter. It doesn’t matter how young you are or how old you are. It’s never too late to change your life! NEVER.

I know many people can't stand their lives. I know that at one point I couldn't. We're angry, or sad, or deeply depressed. Whatever the situation. However long it has been. Whatever choices or decisions we regret & wish we could do over. We hate our life & would rather have a completely different one.

If you lose a buck, you can go earn another one. If you waste a minute, it's gone forever. We can't go back & change the past. But we can draw a line, step over it, & choose to make changes now, that will change our future.

Do we want to remain tethered to the past, or would we rather be pulled forward by the future, a new future that more closely resembles what we wanted for ourselves? Do we want to continue making excuses because of our past, or would we rather draw that line & ask ourselves, "What can I do to change my life?"

At every moment, we stand at a fork in the road. Each one is a choice or decision we will make. Each & every fork produces a new fork, which produce more forks. That's our life, large branches of forks representing each & every choice & decision we have made & each one we will make.

You may ask, “What do I do with this information? How does it help my situation?“ Ask yourself at each moment; “How will this choice affect what I want for my future? Will it move me closer to, or further away from the future I envision for myself? Is it a good use of my time? After all, I can’t get this time back. Once it’s gone… it’s gone.” “How much time do I spend watching TV, reading novels, etc.? Do I make anytime to read  books or listen to audios that can mentor me, teach me how to make better choices & create the life I really want for myself?”

Remember apprenticeship? There are books & audios that can give you that similar edge. Apprentice yourself to books & audios that will teach you what you want/need to know, about anything! Let them be your Mentor!

I'm getting a "Life" makeover. It’s changing who I am. How I think. How I talk. How I react. How I feel about things, situations & people. You can start your “Life” makeover right now!
You know that old saying that goes something like;
"If you keep doing the same thing, you'll keep getting the same thing."
Well, I have another one to add to that. And this is important. There is simply no way around it.
"For things to change, you have to change. For things to get better, you have to get better."
So let’s get started! I’m going to give you some steps to take, to begin your “Life” makeover. Of course, you only learn; it only works, if you DO it. Every bit of it. For example: Reading about how to eat healthy & actually eating healthy isn’t the same thing. If you want to be healthy, you actually have to eat the healthy food! So, follow these suggestions & you WILL witness results if you actually do all that’s required. Otherwise, you’re only cheating yourself. Not me, not someone else… unless, of course, you want to consider your family, whose lives ARE affected by your choices. Here are your:

FIRST STEPS:

Reading:

No time for reading? Are you sure? How much time to you watch TV or play computer games or surf the Net?

All you need to do is read10 pages a day! You can handle that! Here’s the first reading list:

(Now some of these books may talk about specific situations, but we all know how to take things & apply them to our own situations. Do that and you’ll be set.)

 BOOK:
The Slight Edge - by Jeff Olson
Do you find yourself missing the one thing in life that would help you achieve a desired foal, realize a long-held dream, or push you up the ladder to success? Then this is the book for you!

The Slight Edge will teach you how to achieve success in all aspects of your life- in your health, your finances, your personal relationships, & your family life. You’ll learn:
  • How to tap into the power of daily discipline
  • How to identify habits that serve you & replace those that don’t
  • How to form powerful relationships with positive people
  • How to accelerate knowledge by finding mentors & modeling their behavior
  • How to recognize the everyday choices that will make the difference between failure & success
It’s all right here! Learn how you philosophy… creates your attitude… creates your actions… creates YOUR LIFE!
BOOK: 
What To Say When You Talk To Yourself - by Shad Helmstetter, Ph.D.
Have you ever listened to how you talk about yourself, how you think about yourself? Not very nice, is it? How about how you think about things or situations, other people? Not so nice?

Changing the way we think, what we say about ourselves, etc. changes the way we feel, which changes our attitudes, which changes the way we act & react, which changes our lives!

There are years of that negative dialogue burned into our brains. To fix that you’re going to need some new script to overwrite the old, negative ones. You’ll learn how to do just that.

(I’ve been using this technique daily & have noticed the change in my attitude, & noticed that I have to correct my thinking less, because it’s becoming natural to think the right thoughts, positive thoughts!)

These are your first steps! The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. Take the first step… then take the second… then the third. It’s just one step at a time, & you can do that! Say it. Say; “I can do that!”  It takes just a single step to change the rest of your life.

Check back periodically for the next steps!

No comments:

Post a Comment