Monday, April 18, 2011

ARE YOU WHO YOU WANTED TO BE?

We can look in the mirror at our bodies & see a reflection of what we eat, & whether or not we get any exercise.
We can listen to ourselves talk, in our heads, or out loud, & hear a reflection of what we feed our minds, & whether or not we exercise it.
 
All quotes by Eleanor Roosevelt; 
 
"In the long run, we shape our lives, and we shape ourselves. The process never ends until we die. And the choices we make are ultimately our own responsibility."
"One's philosophy is not best expressed in words; it is expressed in the choices one makes... and the choices we make are ultimately our responsibility."

Our mind reflects what it is fed by it's environment, what we allow into it. What kind of entertainment we watch, the music we listen to, The books we read, or audio we listen to, the people we spend the most time with. 

Are you who you wanted to be? Sadly, many of us are not. But it's never too late to begin the process of becoming that person, now. Even if you think your situation is too much a mess.


Many people stopped dreaming years ago. When you give up your dream, you have surrendered. We all have problems, big & small. Don't let them get in the way of who you wanted to be, & where you wanted to be.
"What you don't do can be a destructive force."

We need our dreams & we need to be who we were meant to be! Without that, we start dying off a bit at a time, until we don't even recognize our self. Remember that person you used to be! We all need to be part of something bigger than ourselves. 
"When you cease to make a contribution, you begin to die." 

Never give up your dream. That's what drives us forward. It's what has us smiling, & eager to start each beautiful day, & puts that bounce in our step! 
"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."
 
  But if we are going to get that person back, if we are to grow, learn, change, we must be honest with our self. We must be brave enough to look at our self with an honest heart & an honest eye.  
"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is built."
 
It's time to stop complaining about our lives & circumstances. It's time to DO something about it! And we can! Everything is learnable. Pick up a book!
"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness."

Stop wishing. Pick up an excellent book & become who you were meant to be! There's always time. If you examine how you spend your time, I bet you have something you can trade in, for personal growth - reading.
"It takes as much energy to wish as it does to plan."

I'm done wishing. I'm re-making my life. I had my dreams & I lost my dreams. But I've re-claimed them! I'm learning what I need to learn. I spend my time very differently now. And I like it! I feel so much better about myself. I'm regaining respect for myself! I'm beginning to like myself again! Join Me!

"Only a man's character is the real criterion of worth."
  You are capable. You're not too dumb, or what ever self-defeating thought you may have about yourself.
"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
Afraid? Who isn't?! Action cures fear.
"You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.'"
 
Remember this:

"Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product."

We can listen to ourselves talk, in our heads, or out loud, & hear a reflection of what we feed our minds, & whether or not we exercise it.
"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."
It takes time. Of course. But that time's gonna pass either way. Right? So use that time to your advantage. Make it work for you, not against you.
 
Here's to your success, and mine!
...

No comments:

Post a Comment